Understanding the Fundamentals of Coal Trading Class
What You’ll Learn in this Class
Course participants will learn the basics of coal trading:
- the traded coal products,
- the types of trading instruments (forward contracts, swaps, options, basis trades),
- identifying and managing risk,
- understanding forward curves, and
- establishing a trading function in your organization.
The class will be held in September (dates TBA) in Chicago at the following times:
- Day 1, 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. (with a reception and dinner to follow)
- Day 2, 7:45 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
The course includes these topics:
- coal commodities and trading platforms,
- hedging strategies for producers and generators,
- swaps and physical indexation,
- futures and options,
- time, quality, and location spreads,
- settlements process, and
- credit and contract language.
Dates for Booking Your Airline Reservation
We’ll have this information soon.
The registration fee for CTA Member Company participants is $250, and for CTA Nonmember participants $450. Not sure if your company is a CTA member? Click here. Class size is limited to the first 25 registrants. We will not be able to accommodate more participants, so register early.
The host hotel will be announced in February.
Participants may cancel by September 6 and receive a full refund, and by September 13 for a refund minus a $50 cancellation fee. Cancellations received after September 13 will not be honored, but substitutes are permitted.