The Coal Trading Association (CTA) has announced its 2010 schedule of events. Details for each are on the CTA’s website.
- CTA Reception at the Eastern Fuel Buyers Conference, May 4, Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resort, Orlando, FL
This reception precedes the 2010 Eastern Fuel Buyers Conference. It will include a wine tasting and the opportunity to win $500 in Disney dollars while enjoying the company of colleagues from utilities, producers, trading companies, and brokerages. Registration is requested.
- 2010 Midyear Meeting and Coal Mine Tour, June 16-17, Embassy Suites Hotel and the Mountain Laurel Mine, Charleston, WV
The 2010 Midyear Meeting is the business meeting where we elect officers and discuss changes to the CTA’s Master Coal Purchase and Sale Agreement. This year we also will tour the Mountain Laurel Complex, a large underground longwall and continuous miner section mine. Registration is free, but required. See the CTA website for other requirements.
- Fundamentals of Coal Trading Class, September 1-2, Intercontinental Buckhead Hotel, Atlanta, GA
Sold out in 2007, 2008, and 2009, this class has been expanded to a day-and-a-half class. The instructor, along with a panel of industry participants, will teach how coal trading is conducted, build awareness of available risk management tools, and familiarize future coal traders, utilities, coal producers and support personnel with over-the-counter coal markets. The registration fee for CTA member company participants is $250, and for nonmembers $450.
- Coming Later This Year: A New, Online Coal Trading Introductory Course
Look for details later this year on our new, online beginner course, Coal Trading 101: Introduction to Coal Trading. This learning option is perfect for support and back office staff who may not need the in-depth instruction of our in-person class, but need to understand the fundamentals of coal trading.
- 2010 Coal Trading Conference, December 6-7, Millennium Broadway Hotel, New York
This year we return to the Millennium Broadway Hotel located in Times Square. This event includes a business meeting the afternoon of Monday, December 6, followed by a welcome reception, with the conference on December 7. Program details and an online registration form will be available in October.